Monday, December 29, 2008

Missing the Taste of You

You know how I love food
especially such we call soul
baby I have not had an appetite
everything here seems old.

When have I not wanted greens
or chittlins boiling in the pot
I guess its just my misery
from missing you a lot.

Days run together like gravy
flooding my soul to a drench
things seem so tight and twisted
as if my life is in a wrench.

I miss you, more than I could think
had no idea this cloud would burst
drive me to the edge of sanity
making this time the very worst.

I won't complain or ask why
no answer is going to make it better
I just know for what's left of me
I need you round me like a sweater.

Don't dare say you can't make it
it will make the time we had a lie.
Meaning your leaving is not, so long
but in reality it could be good bye.

Your presence made me feel good
even through the crap you brought
but as time marched on in unison
I loved you with every thought.

As I spend my days missing us
my appetite knows not what to do
my soul tells me the real truth
I'm missing the taste of you.

Del Cano 2008 December

No comments: