Thursday, August 18, 2005

And The Band Played On

With not much rhythm in mind
than what would fill  thimbles
her band started to slowly play
from a light trumpet to the cymbals.

She conducted a whole program
grabbed the trumpet by the throat
but still kept the music flowing
believe she penned every note.

Her band was nothing but amazing
each instrument so fine tuned
as she tenderly struck each cord
I swelled and puffed like a balloon.

Her music, with horns and drums
played a steady strumming beat
no way could I be still but to groove
with flailing both hands and feet.

My my my she reached way down
seemed to be right in tune with me
I felt the pulses of rythmic sounds
murmerings, moaning soothingly.

Every time I felt the music get low
and thought the songs would end
that woman struck up a tender refrain
started the songs all from the begin.

Never did I tire of the repeating
notes dancing, prancing so joyfully
you need to hear some of this
ever hear a band play a symphony.

I did. And still can see her face
dutifully conducting with feeling
harmonies with flutes, saxophones
drove my senses to the ceiling.

How we got the sheets off the bed
not a single clue has been born
but I could care less than a damn
cause her band kept playing on. 

Del Cano 2004 Sept

 


 

No comments: